verse of the day

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Freebies of the Day!

Today, I answered a Freecycle ad for an old mantel clock and bottles.  When I mentioned in conversation that I love anything old, this wonderful lady started pulling out more items for me for FREE!  She was happy to move the items out of her garage to a home that appreciated them.
 

Now, what to do with them.....hmm the mind is spinning with ideas!

The suitcase belonged to her aunt who was very much a woman of her day. 
It has her initials on it, the middle one being her maiden name.  
The aunt would have been in her 90's if she was still living.

Pretty plates and the
Lena Ross Spera suitcase 
An old mantel clock and books:
(Hi Ho Pinocchio, PT Barnum King of the Circus & A World Explorer John Smith)

Beautiful ceramic handpainted lamp
Oranjay,  Ma's root beer bottles and cider jugs 

4 comments:

  1. Judi,
    Good luck on your blog! I still have lots of hic-ups with mine. Old dog new tricks....... Have fun & I will be watching!!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treasures!!!....so happy to find your new blog Judi. Welcome to blog land!!!!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - I may have to try freecycle now. FREE is my favorite word! Thanks for commenting on my blog - I've been taking a look at yours, and it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! please leave me your comments or questions. thanks for stopping by.
judi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips